mercredi 17 juillet 2013

SLEEPING CYCLE

This is gonna be pretty boring for anyone that "sleeps like a log" so skip it if you do...

        Over a month when I first moved to Seoul and was living in a Goshiwon (small studying room) in the center I was running on a 5 hours sleeping time. 
       I thought I was tired but I couldn't sleep longer anyway as I never really went to bed before 2 or 3am and the semi-daylight was waking me up. 
        Now I'm trying a 11pm to 5pm cycle as these hours are supposedly worth a lot more resting time . 

Last night I thought I was going to be exhausted and sleep early but I kept on studying a little more about HTML and even korean to help me feel tired in order to fall asleep but every time, as soon as I stood up I felt energised again. 


                                                 click to enlarge (just so you know) 

       I put my alarm to buzz 6 Hours later, what I normally sleep since "more" doesn't make a difference anyway but once again I had to go back on reading/studying and after another half an hour I was finally falling asleep once again. It's not easy to go to bed at 10.30pm/11pm when you have spent over a decade almost never ever sleeping before midnight at the very list. 
       Then I was too lazy to change my alarm clock again or maybe it was just that I didn't want to stand up again to reach my phone, feel energised and start this annoying cycle again… 


     But later waking up at 4.20am was quite of a shock and even if I felt like I pretty much went through the 5 1/2 hours of night time asleep most of the time, I think it's good to wake up early but obviously not too early, when it is still dark outside.
       Our biological clock works better by following the earth cycle. Fortunately the sun rises at 5am here since after all we're not far from the country of the rising sun. 
         So maybe Either sleeping at least 6 hours if one wants to wake up when it's still dark or waking up when the sun is already rising is a must in order not to be a mess in the morning and for the whole day i can pretty much already assume… 




         And doing both would be even better for sure. I was thinking to try a 10pm-4pm cycle as it seems to be the best butttt, unless it become a 7 hours sleep 10pm-5am, it might not be so good as "night wake up" might not be the best therapy. 
        Unfortunately most people have to cope with it almost every morning of the week (apart around here and where the sun rises early).
         And others never go out of bed at descent hours (as I did for years) spending half of their life in an horizontal position. I never went as far as that though and don't want to go back there, before the matrix. takes place   


.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire